Thursday 13 September 2012

Thursday Three-Way: New Knitwear

As we are now fully into Autumn (and it looks like the weather has finally realised it too) I thought I would do a three-way post on my new Next cardigan. I got this cardigan a couple of weeks ago and I love the little flick detail in the navy wool and the elbow.

I have pretty much been wearing this cardigan over most outfits the last couple of days as it's turned so cold but here I have narrowed down 3 looks you might like to try.

Geek Chic

Here I decided to embrace the elbow patches and go with the whole geek look. However, I made sure I kept it chic with high heels and a cute blouse.

 
 
Nothing says geek chic like socks and shoes. It's an acquired taste but I think these cute school style socks in cream go well with the brown ASOS wedges - plus they keep my feet warm!
 
Skinny Diesel jeans and the cute buttoned blouse from Topshop help take the look from geek overkill to more chic. The giant glasses (which are super strong prescription btw) complete the look!
 
Winter Warmer
 
I think this next outfit is perfect for a walk in the crisp Autumn air - maybe I'll wear it when I walk the dogs?
 
 
 
The flat boots were my buy of the year last winter - just £18 from Florence and Fred at Tesco. They are super comfy and look great over jeans or with opaque tights and a dress as shown here. As the nights draw in, it's probably best to wear a scarf too - this furry leopard one is super cosy!
 
Wooly work wear
 
With my final look I tried to make the cardigan a little more formal to create a look more suitable for work.
 
 
Pairing it with tailored trousers makes it seem more smart - as do the heeled court shoes. A Paul Smith t-shirt with a colour print stops the outfit looking too drab.
 
 
I could have gone on and on and bascially put this cardigan over every outfit! The other day at work, someone said they didn't even own a single cardigan - I just can't get over this!! Not one! For me, they are an essential for warmth and style!
 
Lots of love
 
Chelsea x



No comments:

Post a Comment